LinkedIn recently published an e-book The 5 most revealing interview questions and their answers. These highly effective interview questions work in video interviews as well.
Here they are, grouped by job role. Enjoy!
- Motivation - What motivates you as a sales professional?
- Honesty - Tell me about a time when you had to handle a tough problem that challenged fairness or ethical issues. What did you do?
- Adaptable - Tell me about a time when the policy, price structure, or product changed last minute and you already had a deal in the field. How did you handle the situation?
- Customer-centric - You’ve got a new product to sell. Walk me through your sales process.
- Tenacity - Describe a time when you received criticism or feedback from your sales manager or client. How did you react?
- Collaborator - Tell me about a challenging project that you worked on that required cross-functional collaboration. What did you learn?
- Storyteller - Tell me a story on a topic you care a lot about.
- Adaptable - Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before. How did you approach the situation? What did you learn?
- Creative - If you had $100,000 to market a new business of your choice, what would you do?
- Cultural fit - What are 3 words your manager would use to describe you? How about your best friend? Your parents?
- Operational - Tell me about a successful product you’ve launched.
- Proficient - Name a product you love that you think is exceptionally well designed. What makes it so great?
- Strategist - What do you think about automated driving and its implications for the future?
- Analytical - Tell me about a time you used data to inform a new feature or product. What were the results?
- Leader - Tell me about a time you disagreed with the engineers or designers on your team. What did you do?
Want to try them in a video interview format, sign up for a free trial here and give it a shot!
Original source: https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/recruiting-tips/the-5-most-revealing-interview-questions-and-answers